I learned photography by studying the basics first and then getting out there, travelling and taking photos. There is no better way to learn photography than to get out there and take pictures. And what better way is there to learn than by heading abroad and being inspired by a new way of life, stunning scenery and colourful people? At Photography Workshops and Holidays Abroad the aim is to arm you with everything you need to know to get the best from your camera first, then send you off on a holiday to try out your newfound skills.
By working with local tourist agencies I am able to offer a combination of workshop and holiday, or you can simply take one or the other.
Regular beginners workshops are conducted in the following locations in Slovenia:
- Ljubljana - The Business Center in Hotel Slon
- Bled - One of the local hotels
Regular on location workshops are available in Slovenia.
I will also travel for group bookings so please contact me to discuss details.
What you will learn:
- The basic principles of how a camera takes a photo
- Understanding of shutter speed, aperture, ISO and white balance
- How to use the camera's light meter
- How to create background blur in your portrait and close-up photographs, or isolate objects from the background to make them stand out more
- To get detail in your landscape shots
- How to make sure your subject is sharp by controlling autofocus
- How blurring can occur due to camera-shake or movement and ways to prevent this
- How to create blur or motion in a photo when required
- How to use Exposure Compensation and what effects it has
- When shooting in manual mode can help
- How to shoot moving objects and keep them in focus
- Understanding the technical aspects of a digital image, resolution, pixel count, JPEG
- What is RAW and why you should always shoot in this format
- Composing your images for the best shots